CBD and well-being brand VAAY conducted a study to determine the least and most stressful cities in the world.
Fifteen factors were considered including governance, environment, finance and health to compile the ranking of 100 cities.
These are a few of the key take-outs.
● The least stressful city is Reykjavik, Iceland, ahead of Bern, Switzerland and Helsinki, Finland.
● Mumbai, India, ranks as the most stressful city in the study, followed by Lagos, Nigeria and Manila, the Philippines.
● Manila is the most densely populated city in the study, ahead of Doha, Qatar and Kabul, Afghanistan.
● People living in Reykjavik, Iceland have the best air quality, followed by Edinburgh, United Kingdom and Wellington, New Zealand.
● The worst air quality was found to be in New Delhi, India, followed by Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and Karachi, Pakistan.
● Citizens in Oslo, Norway have the best access to healthcare, ahead of Sydney, Australia and Tokyo, Japan.
● Tokyo has the highest score for its Covid-19 response, meaning that it had the lowest stress impact on its citizens. Bangkok and Montreal ranked second and third.
● Cape Town ranks 51 out of 100 cities
Read the full study on VAAY.com, here.
Spend your lunchtime with the quintessential ‘guy-next-door’, EB Inglis. Tune in Mondays to Fridays, 12- 3PM
Image: © Michael Turner/123rf.com